Kuhmo, Hotel KalevalaDuration:
22.-28.12.2019, 6 nights, 7 daysPersons: Price:
1099Price Solo: Price Includes:
6 night accommodation and breakfast, 5 x half board dinner, 1 x Traditional Finnish Christmas Eve Dinner,
1 x Christmas Eve lunch, Welcoming drink, Evening sauna & jacuzzis daily, Christmas program (see the itinerary), Babysitters on three days, Free use of kick-sledges, toboggans, DVD-movies, Playstation games, Children playroom, Wi-Fi, board games, drying closet for outdoor clothes at the lobby
Christmas land – with Santa and his elves, cross-country skiing, blue eyed huskies, snowmobile safaris – the old Christmas traditions are still taken care of and appreciated in our Christmas programme; fresh baked cookies, a promenade in the forest to find a Christmas tree. Where would it be better to spend this family festive season?
22.12. ARRIVAL DAY
– Arrival to Kajaani airport. Transfer to Hotel Kalevala
– Accommodation at the lakeside Hotel Kalevala
– Welcoming drink & dinner in the restaurant
– Please notice: from the flight, landing to Kajaani appr. at 17:00 we organize special
X-mas bus-transfer; enjoy the Christmassy transfer together with Christmas elf, have
a cup of traditional Finnish glogg and taste our gingerbreads too
23.12. FAIRY TALE STARTS
– After breakfast it is time to discover the area: try some tobogganing, kick-sledding,
making snow angels, visit and feed our 2 reindeer and have a look around the area.
– Later in the afternoon visiting Santa Claus: children meet Santa Claus, the real
Finnish Joulupukki, who always has time to listen your Christmas wishes and secrets.
Tour duration appr. 2 hours
– Evening sauna with indoor and outdoor jacuzzis
– Dinner in the restaurant
24.12. CHRISTMAS EVE
– After breakfast we’ll make a magical journey across the snowy landscape and bring
the Christmas tree inside the restaurant. It is big and important duty for children to
decorate the tree
– Traditional Christmas rice porridge and lunch at the hotel; who finds the almond
hidden into the porridge will get a prize
– In the afternoon traditional visit at the church yard of Kuhmo, bus transfer.
Everyone can light a candle for their love ones far away
– Saunas with jacuzzis
– In Finland Santa Claus comes traditionally on Christmas Eve. This is the tradition our
hotel team very much appreciates and this is what we want to share with our guests
also (if wanted parents can give their own presents to the reception)
– Christmas Eve with traditional Finnish Christmas buffet
– Transfer to Christmas night mass to Kuhmo church
25.12. CHRISTMAS DAY
– Husky fun with sleigh ride for group A+B (3,5 h)
Joyful atmosphere is guaranteed by the huskies who are always happy to meet new
people. Everyone gets a chance to enjoy a husky sleigh ride or driving him/herself.
– Day is yours to spend at your pleasure; optional activities, resting. Optional activities
can be booked already in advance.
– Saunas with jacuzzis
– Later a traditional campfire evening, incl. hot juice, sausages.
26.12. BOXING DAY
– Husky fun with sleigh ride for group C+D (3,5 h)
– Enjoy the taste of reindeer sleigh drive, taste of short horse sleigh tour and
snowmobile sleigh drive. Hot juice and sausages will be served by an open fire.
– Free time for relaxing, optional activities, cross-country skiing…
– Evening sauna with jacuzzis
– Dinner and special Finnish program
27.12. DAY FOR RELAXING
– Husky fun with sleigh ride for group E+F (3,5 h)
– This is a day for optional activities, shopping, relaxing.
– Evening sauna with jacuzzis
28.12. GOOD BYE FINLAND
– Transfer back to the airport
1099 €/pers. in double room
1219 €/pers. in single room
1390 €/pers. in superior room (with best lake view, coffee/tea making facilities)
1459 €/pers. in suite for two persons
Child 4-12 years 50% of adult price (if 2 children and more, in family room with two rooms, connecting door)
Children 0-3 years free of charge (baby cot, baby bed or extra bed)
Including following services:
– 6 night accommodation and breakfast
– 5 x half board dinner, 1 x Traditional Finnish Christmas Eve Dinner, 1 x Christmas Eve lunch
– Welcoming drink
– Evening sauna & jacuzzis daily
– Christmas program (see the itinerary)
– Babysitters on three days
– Free use of kick-sledges, toboggans, DVD-movies, Playstation games, Children playroom, Wi-Fi, board games, drying closet for outdoor clothes at the lobby
Extra charge for:
– Return transfer from Kajaani airport 80 €/person
– Lunch 22 €/adult/day, 11 €/child/day
– Thermal overall (suit, hat, gloves, boots, socks) 65 €/week or 25 €/day
Must be booked in advance with clothing and shoe size information.
93 €/pers. in double room/night with half board
122 €/pers. in single room/night with half board
104 €/pers. in superior room/night with half board
143 €/pers. in suite/day with half board
60 €/adult in extra bed/day with half board
48 €/child 4-12 years/night with half board
Good to know
– Package also possible to book 21.-27.12. and possibility to add extra days or shorten the program
– Please take a look at list of optional activities; snowmobiling, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, ice-fishing, rapid floating etc.
– Also wellbeing treatments are available: worth trying is definitely our
peat sauna and traditional Finnish bone setting. After these two try also
herbal jacuzzi, classical massage and peat treatments.
– For those who are interested also in history and culture we have plenty to offer: Winter War Museum, Juminkeko – cultural centre for Kalevala – national epic of Finland and Karelian culture, Petola Nature Centre with exhibition of Finland´s large carnivores (brown bear, lynx, wolverine, wolf) and many exhibitions in the town.
All the activities are guided in English, some activities are possible in German or French. Package price does not include personal travel insurance.
Ask for more information