Observe the European brown bear or wolverine in their natural environment, the wild taiga, is an unforgettable experience and of course for the photography enthusiastic a great opportunity to take the shot of a lifetime from the comfort and safety of our specially designed hides.
Observe the European brown bear or wolverine in their natural environment, the wild taiga, is an unforgettable experience and of course for the photography enthusiastic a great opportunity to take the shot of a lifetime from the comfort and safety hides.
The Brown Bear and other rare animals such as the wolverine (Gulo gulo) and sometimes wolves, can be viewed from our specially designed hides. Watching hides are equipped with comfortable viewing chairs, sleeping places and dry toilets. For the photographers the site with its smaller photo hides offers excellent photographing opportunities.
The hides are situated close to the Russian border in Kuhmo area.
Season: Mid April to october
Place: Kuhmo, Lentiira
Duration: one night
Persons: 1-8 persons
Price: 145 €
- One night in a hide
- Refreshment and sandwiches in the hide
- Use of sleeping bags
- Guiding in English, French, Finnish
14.00-14.30 Arrival to the meeting point
Information about the hides, bears and safety
Walk (less than 1 km) to the hides with the picnic packet, camera and binoculars.
07.00-08.00: we come back after an interesting observation night
Good to know
– use of alcohol not allowed
– be quiet, and enjoy the sound or the silence of Finnish taiga forest.
– no smoking in and around the hides
– no flash and turn off AF illuminator ( assist lamp)
– stay in hide the duration of the trip even we see the bears we will stay until morning in hide, all night, there is toilet inside.
– follow the information and rules given by the guide.
Notice timing changes in march, april and september, october.
– One night in a hide
– Refreshment and sandwiches in the hide
– Use of sleeping bags
– Guiding in English, French, Finnish
* Breakfast, B&B accommodation, dinner before the hide night
* Black grouse, capercaillie, wild forest reindeer, diver photographing
* Flying squirrel, elk, wild forest reindeer watching safaris
Equipment recommended: clothes according to the local weather forecast, binoculars, video and camera, tripod and head of tripod.
Service languages: Finnish, English, French