Night in a bear/wolverine hide
Season: April to october
Place: Lentiira, Kuhmo
Duration: one night
Persons: 1-8 persons
Price: 130 €
Price Includes: guidance, snacks and hot drinks, use of the hide, sleeping bag.
Meet the European brown bear or wolverine in their natural environment, the wild taiga, is an unforgettable experience and of course for the photography enthusiastic an opportunity to take the shot of a lifetime from the comfort and safety hides.
The Brown Bear and other rare animals such as the wolverine (Gulo gulo) and sometimes wolves, can be viewed from our specially designed hides. Watching hides are equipped with comfortable chairs, sleeping places and dry toilets. For the photographers the site with its smaller photo hides offers excellent photographing opportunities.
The hides are situated close to the Russian border in Kuhmo area.
14.30-15.00 Arrival to the meeting point
Information about the hides, bears and safety.Short transfer.
Walk (less than 1 km) to the hides with the picnic packet, camera and binoculars
07.00-08.00: we come back after an interesting observation night
Good to know
– use of alcohol not allowed
– be quiet, and enjoy the sound or the silence of Finnish taiga forest.
– no smoking in and around the hides
– no flash
– stay in hide the duration of the trip, all night, there is toilet inside.
– follow the information and rules given by the guide.
Notice : timing changes in march-april and september-october.
– One night in a hide
– Refreshment and sandwiches in the hide
– Use of sleeping bags
– Guiding in English, French, Finnish
* Breakfast, B&B accommodation, dinner before the hide night
* Black grouse, capercaillie, beaver, wild forest reindeer, diver photographing
* Flying squirrel, elk, wild forest reindeer watching safaris
Equipment recommended: clothes according to the local weather forecast, binoculars, video and camera, tripod and head of tripod.
Service languages: Finnish, English, French
Ask for more information
Taiga Spirit, nature and wildlife experiences