Are you interested in northern lights? After this workshop you will know everything about them! You are going to learn to forecast and photograph the auroras.
First we will have 2 hours lesson indoors. The lesson can be organized on any indoor place, for example at your hotel. You will learn mythology about the auroras. Next we will study what happens in the sun, space and earth’s magnetic field when the auroras are coming.
After this, we will study choosing great photography locations using free tools from web as help and how to set your camera.
Next we will go outside to practise the things we just learned. If we are lucky, we will really see the auroras. On other case we will shoot stars or light paintings.
Programme informationWhen can I see the auroras
The auroras are actually in the sky around the year, but in the summer we cannot see them because of the midnight sun. The aurora season starts in Kuhmo at the end of the August and ends at the end of April.
- First 2 hours lesson indoors
- After lesson we go outside to try to see the auroras and practice photography
Good to know
- Bring your own camera and tripod and clothes suitable for the weather.
- You will need an headlamp. The guide can borrow you a lamp if you don’t have one.
- It is possible to add a snack on the campfire to this tour.