Finpro’s Visit Finland Finrelax growth programme has selected 25 top wellness products, and the Culture Finland programme has selected 20 new top cultural products, from the midst of more than 200 contestants in a national product development contest. Among these were also five travel products from companies under Wild Taiga umbrella.
In the services of the awarded companies, nature experiences are combined with food and wellness treatments, as well as with Finnish sauna culture and the Kalevala through to regular local everyday life.
The winning products were revealed at the Nordic Travel Fair, and will be presented to foreign travellers at the ITB Fair in Berlin, Germany, in March, 2017. The winning companies received Authentic FinRelax Experience or Authentic Culture Experience statuses. The products ready for sale will be visibly presented at Visit Finland’s marketing and sales promotion procedures, especially in the European and Asian markets.
The Finrelax TOP25 star companies in Wild Taiga
• Hotel Kalevala, fresh air, swimming in clean lake water and fresh, local food
• Upitrek, abundant forests, lakes and rivers, as well as a rich tradition and culture
• Vuokatti Safaris, fresh air and water, nature, silence and forest wellness
Culture Finland TOP20 top products in Wild Taiga
• Culture and Music in Kuhmo,chamber music, Kalevala and bears during the most beautiful part of the Finnish summer, in July
• Finland’s Big Year 2017 - On the birth places of independence, the birth of independence, Winter War history, Kalevala and Karelianism, the local food culture and way of life